S-Life FKM at a Glance
S-Life FKM is an easy-to-use software that enables an easy and automatic assessment of FEM simulation results according to the German FKM guideline . The software is used as a postprocessor. With S-Life at the push of a button the computed stresses will be processed in such a way that an assessment of the static and fatigue strength according to the FKM guideline is carried out. As result of the assessment the static and cyclic utilization ratios will be displayed as contour plot. For particular individual nodes a comprehensive numeric report of the most important assessment variables can be requested as pdf printout for documentation purposes. As input the software needs the results of a structural simulation and some basic material properties. Interfaces are provided for various solvers. The scope of application is restricted to steel, cast iron and aluminum materials.
 N.N: Analytical Strength Assessment of Components in Mechanical Engineering in its 6th revised edition, Forschungskuratorium Maschinenbau, VDMA Verlag, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 2012
Access S-Life FKM through the Altair Partner Alliance
Learn more about S-Life FKM...On-Demand Webinar
During the webinar we will present our software S-Life FKM. The software enables you to easily and safely perform a strength assessment for metallic machine components according to the FKM guideline. The webinar includes a short introduction to the usage of the software and shows the benefits by means of a demonstration example: static strength verification and fatigue strength verification of a ductile cast iron flange component under several simultaneously acting loads.
Duration: approx. 45 min.
You can access the webinar by click on the figure. The webinar has been developed in cooperation with our partner Altair Engineering. For this reason, a registration on the Altair Engineering website is required to access the webinar.
- Distinct strength assessment through systematic approach
- Usage of plastic reserves through consideration of stress gradients
- Comprehensive documentation of the results of the strength assessment through complete numerical report for the reference point
- Significant time savings in comparison to manual assessment of individual node values
- Prevention of faults through easy and automated usage
- Easy identification of the critical hot spot through contour plot of the utilization ratios on the component surface
- Significant time savings through automated determination of the critical load case combination if multiple loads are applied
- Interfaces: Abaqus, ANSYS Mechanical, MSC Nastran, MSC Marc, NX Nastran, OptiStruct & Radioss
- 3D-Viewer for result evaluation
- Integrated and extendable material database with more than 1500 grades
- Automatic identification of critical load case combinations
- Static and fatigue strength assessment for non-welded parts according to FKM guideline based on the concept of local strength
- Output of static and cyclic utilization ratios as contour plot
- Comprehensive reporting of nodal computation results according to FKM guideline
- Consolidation of results from different FEA into single model
- Result export
What Users say
Our mills are dynamically severely loaded. S-Life FKM enables us to conduct a comprehensive strength assessment and component optimization in a simple and fast way. The program also facilitates the documentation of the analysis.
The extreme dynamic loads and nonlinear characteristics of our parts cause non-proportional dynamic stress responses. S-Life FKM allows us to evaluate and asses all critical load combinations in a matter of minutes.
We use S-Life FKM to evaluate our FE analyses of generator rotors. The intuitive and fast handling reduces considerably our evaluation and documentation effort.
For further information and pricing please contact us. Please also feel free to call us at +49-2204-306 77-26. We also offer FEA according to FKM guideline as service.