Strength Assessment of Plastic Parts
What is S-Life Plastics?
S-Life Plastics is an easy-to-use software that conducts a static and fatigue strength assessment based on FEA results for plastic components made out of unreinforced or reinforced thermoplastic materials. With S-Life at the push of a button the computed stresses will be processed in such a way that an assessment of the static and fatigue strength is carried out. As result of the assessment the static and cyclic utilization ratios will be displayed as contour plot. For particular individual nodes a comprehensive numeric report of the most important assessment variables can be requested as pdf printout for documentation purposes. As input the software needs the results of a structural simulation and in the anisotropic case of an injection molding simulation and some basic material properties. Interfaces are provided for various solvers.
Some features & functionalities
- Interfaces: Abaqus, ANSYS Mechanical, MSC Nastran, MSC Marc, NX Nastran, OptiStruct & Radioss
- Graphical User Interface
- 3D-Viewer for result evaluation
- Integrated and extendable polymer material data base
- Automated identification of critical load case combinations
- Static and cyclic strength assessment
- Strength assessment also for long term (creep) loads
- Output of static and cyclic utilization ratios as contour plot
- Comprehensive reporting of assessment results
- Consolidation of results from different FEA into single model
- Result export
- Distinct strength assessment through systematic approach
- Comprehensive documentation of the results of the strength assessment through complete numerical report for the reference point
- Prevention of mistakes through simple and automated handling
- Easy identification of the reference point through contour plot of the utilization ratios on the part surface
- Significant time saving through automated determination of the critical load case combination if multiple loads are applied
Fresenius Medical Care’s dialysis machines contain several plastic components, that have to withstand various mechanical loads. For health reasons a breakdown or malfunction is not an option. Using PART Engineering Software helps to analyze the parts strength and to increase the confidence in the machines.
S-Life Plastics enables our plastic parts to be designed in a time-efficient and standardized manner with regard to static and cyclical strength. This increases the safety of our products and shortens their development times.
Get S-Life Plastics
Please contact us for an individual quote without obligation